AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cotton Picture
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 11/19/2006 21:41 (#63509 - in reply to #63175)
Subject: RE: Cotton Picture

East Central Arkansas
This cotton was grown in 2004 and yielded close to 3 bales a ac. [500lb bales not 480 lb] This is a 50 ac field that has been precision leveled with a .15 row fall. This was a irrigated crop but it also was a year that we had dry land make 2 bale. It had been ten years in 1994 since we had had that kind of dry land crop on our farm. The variety is ST 4892 BG RR. I think that this past year will probably be the last year for this variety. I don't really remeber how much Pix was used on this field but generly we will go one trip early at 8 -14 oz and then come back with a second shot if needed. I usually spot some areas of the fields later in the season and vary some rates if needed. This cotton is spindle picked. We normally do a two shot defoliation with Dropp and a little Prep going out 1st and after enough leaf drop to get the boll opener on the bolls we put a boll opening rate of prep out with some Aim to open bolls and finish defoliation. Will try to post some more pictures when I get a chance to go through them. I have tried to capture the whole crop year in picture the last couple years. I have some vidios of cotton harvest that are pretty good. We are thinking about putting some calenders together showing the crop through the year. I don't know if we will get it done or not . My wife works for the cotton gin in the fall and they still have about 2000 modules to gin. They have been ginning since the first part of Sept and ginned 84000 bales so far.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)