AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Couldn't ask for better neighbors......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 11/6/2017 23:25 (#6350209 - in reply to #6350199)
Subject: RE: OMG

southern MN
I enjoyed your comment for the way it fit.

I'm a very meek and mild person in person, too much so.

There seems to be a lot of 'bully' farmers showing up in the neighborhood, too big, too important, too special to bother with caring about anyone else or any neighborhood.

It has kind of soured me on stories like this.

It is easy for me to understand the issue from the first posting. We all have laws and refs we need to follow. We kinda keep our lips closed if it doesn't affect us, but in this case it clearly is affecting the original poster. And would seem to be an actual pollution hazard, not just a paperwork one as many dnr type things are.

It seems over a year was allowed to get this taken care of, that is quite a bit of grace time and very neighborly by the original poster.

It was obvious from the first post that the hog neighbor does not receive communications very well, and not open to 'help' or 'bothering' to care about neighbors.

I'm not really sure why all the blow back against the original poster? Certainly there are 2 sides to a story and I'll allow as how either one of them can be 'the jerk' but....

The manure is flowing across the field, and seems it has done so for some time. The original poster's story seems pretty matter of fact and plausible.

We need to care about our neighbors. And our neighborhoods.

I fear we are losing that, and many of the replies in this thread reenforce my fears.

Thanks for the opportunity to frame my opinion, I'm not trying to swipe at you on anything, just a general view I've gotten of late from the 'loading semis on the road' and 'dump manure on the neighbors' and other surpch threads of late.

We really are getting to be terribly self centered.

That's a shame.

The Packers are going through what the Vikes went through last year. A bad front line, and a series of injuries that just doesn't improve. It is frustrating.......

Paul

Edited by paul the original 11/6/2017 23:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)