AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wondering about bean basis am I the only one getting hosed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Whats Up
Posted 10/31/2017 08:47 (#6336884)
Subject: wondering about bean basis am I the only one getting hosed

The Dakotas are really getting hammered by this. 1.25 locally Wondering what other states are looking like. Here the beans were not a great crop, yields were all over the board from 20-low 50's Have not heard any talk of great yields in the beans. All the talk here on AT it sounds like its not the crop we had last year. I have been following export sales which seem to be coming in on the high side of all the trade guesses, and I really don't see the carry out being that crazy high.

On another point is during the oil boom all of the elevators complained that the freight was so high because the tracks are full of trains hauling oil and not grain. They put in a pipeline (which I think is great) that was supposed to ease the pressure on the freight rates and now we sit with this type of basis.

Just wondering if other parts of the country are seeing the same thing or if we are really getting hosed.

On the bright side for us locally we do have 2 bean processing plants being built one in ND and the other in SD so that will help in the future.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)