AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheat emergence behind..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 10/30/2017 12:29 (#6335428 - in reply to #6334866)
Subject: Wheat is nothing more than a rotation crop anymore

Those are hard words to swallow,,,,especially coming from a wheat farmer,,,,however after running numbers all this past August, we chose to not seed a single acre of HRW here.

Things are very upside down when we can NET MORE while RISKING LESS,,,,ie Lentils,,PEas , etc are literally taking wheat acres by storm in the Northern US.

It makes more sense financially, to a certain point, to back off wheat somewhat and introduce these crops into a rotation here.

However,,,,,I will be ready to replace those bushels of Hrw on the board if conditions warrant....my only pause is ....lotta a folks seem to think we don’t need fallow here anymore,,,ha ha ha ha,,yea right,,,,also,,how long till the prices of these “new” to here crops crater as well..

Sorry for the disjointed post,,but I am phucking disgusted after growing a 60 bpa fallow HRW Crop here and the NET is far less than growing recropped Lentils,,,,,it’s sickening..next issue here of course will be disease cause people won’t adhere to rotation intervals
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)