AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Please Critique Corral Layout
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Donald
Posted 10/28/2017 20:32 (#6332479 - in reply to #6330253)
Subject: RE: Please Critique Corral Layout

west central Ohio
search bud box and i had posted one from kstate that i thought was good but jdswmo set me straight. i drew out his suggested plan took a pic of it and posted it. i never heard back from jdswmo as if i had it correct.

Posted 9/16/2017 16:55 (#6251902 - in reply to #6251360)
Subject: RE: bud box plans from k-state extension Quote Reply Alert

Roy@ranch - 9/16/2017 10:31

Not perfect, but not that bad. Please post your design. I assume you have something in mind, or are you just blowing smoke.

Roy

Starting from nothing (no existing pens or buildings) build a 12 x 90 alley with a tub or box on the west end.

On the south side of the alley build three 30x 45 pens ( #1 #2 #3) on the north side do the same (#4 #5 #6).

Build another 12 x 90 (A#2)alley on the south side of 1,2, and 3 set the chute at the west end of this ally so that you can go straight south away from you or turn east into A#2 and back into pens 1, 2 or 3 as needed. If you need more room you can shuffle them over to 4 5 &6.

This is only good for a two way sort out of the chute but is more cattle and user friendly (my opinion) than the narrow long pens in the OP.

No smoke here I'm not one of those southern Iowan MU grads.d the pic.

the above text describes jdswmo plan that i drew in the pic below. i hope i got it right.

Edited by Donald 10/28/2017 20:43

(IMG_0301.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0301.JPG (54KB - 34 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)