AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new direction??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

daddycal
Posted 10/28/2017 13:20 (#6331891 - in reply to #6331529)
Subject: RE: new direction??

Montana
MY Daughter and son in Law, bought good quality black Angus cows, age 8 to 11 for 11 hundred dollars. They are smooth and ultra sounded to calve in April and May.
In my opinion, they are the best possible investment for our ranch. I really would be concerned with wild kind of cattle in a place far from home as I would think they may be fence crawlers and you will have real angry neighbors.

I had a neighbor who's Corriente roping steer, brole in with my cattle and he refused to be moved by me, with a four wheeler. I got very upset and called the neighbor, who brought roping horses, a trailer and his dogs, ran the steer into my fence and wrecked a couple of rods of barb wire fence, roped and drug the Steer into their trailer and left me with a mess.

Montana Law clearly defines that a Cattle owner is fully liable for harm or damage, done to a neighbor, if unruly cattle break into neighboring property and harm the Landowner, his family, employees or guests.

Potentially mean and unruly cattle are as much or more of a threat as a wolf or a bear and if I have a serious problem with one of the three, I will kill it to defend myself. Junk Livestock is junk livestock and evidence shows that the brucellosis cases , found in Montana, have been connected to dirty infected roping cattle that have been imported from somewhere without legal testing or inspections.
Montana Department of Livestock has covered the truth and has cost many good ranchers, a lot of problems.

If you are going to run unruly rodeo cattle, it is very good to have very secure fencing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)