AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Scales under squeeze chute.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Nebraska Sandhiller
Posted 10/28/2017 10:07 (#6331636 - in reply to #6330431)
Subject: RE: Scales under squeeze chute.

NNW Nebraska
Consider how the manure is going to pack in under the end of the chute as cattle enter. Need to make it so it is easy to clean. Bolted down to a cement pad could be a disaster. Either have a way to easily lift the chute, or have a hole under the chute that you can get a shovel in.
My weigh bars are bolted to a steel frame. This makes all 4 weigh bars share The shock of a cow hitting The headgate The frame is hooked to the end of alley way with chain with a load binder on it. I do haul my chute to other locations ocassionly.

The frame is set on railroad ties. No fancy cement yet. Originally I had a tie cross wise that the ends of the chute sat on. That was a real pain to clean out. Then before spring it would get frozen crap in there and scales wouldn't work. I just redid it by removing the ties across the ends, and putting ties length wise under both sides of the frame the weigh bars are fastened to. I now have a open area underneath that I can get a shovel Into.

Vets portable chute has 4 legs with hydrlic cylinders which lift the chute to put the wheels on. That would be a option for cleaning under a chute sitting on a cement slab. I know of several guys that complain of crap keeping scales from weighing accurately, so figure out a way to easily clean under there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)