AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Worked some cattle today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Supa Dexta
Posted 10/28/2017 04:49 (#6331188 - in reply to #6331010)
Subject: RE: Worked some cattle today

NS Canada
Pretty much the same here, and across the country from what I've seen at different community pastures. You're limited on how many you can send based on how many people want to place there. But normally if people only have a handful of cattle they find their own pasture, so that weeds out dealing with only a couple. So most people tend to send atleast a dozen pair or so, and some people many more.

Haven't used the one here in years, but help guys work their cattle there at times - I'd have to check, but I'm under the impression its around 6000 for 30 pairs = 200 a pair, they also supply bulls, but never anything too spectacular. Facilities and fences are also pretty run down, but they keep it pieced together enough to work.

Whats interesting when working the cattle is its usually not too bad to separate the groups, even when mixed with hundreds of others they tend to group up with their home herds somewhat.

You also have to remember the Canadian beef herd is down substantially across the country, so there is pasture around to be had in most places, so that takes pressure off fighting over a spot at the community pastures.

Edited by Supa Dexta 10/28/2017 04:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)