AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to run a well pump off grid
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

littlejo
Posted 10/26/2017 14:23 (#6328665 - in reply to #6327854)
Subject: RE: How to run a well pump off grid

Big Sky Country
don't know if this is the one Badger mentioned or not

https://montana.craigslist.org/grd/d/no-grid-power-needdeep-well/633...

neighbor put one--at least similar --in this summer.

said less than 1500$ but he had the tank and other stuff

sposed to be 5 gpm, and it was, midday. about a gal, just before sundown

about 20' lift.

an 8' round tank, so maybe 700? gals.

It kept up with 50 pr, maybe got down to 1/3 full------I had concerns about everybody wanting to drink at once but it worked fine.

I do know nrcs likes to see 2 days worth of water in the tanks.

I had 50 pr in there, very hot and dry. I know they will drink over over 20 gal a pr ---field over the hill, I got 1,000 gal 10' tank in, pumped manually, 40 pr drank it dry every day.

I've got a well I dug with excavator out south. water will be from almost surface to 14' with extended pumping. I'm thinking a 12 volt battery, a 12 volt panel and a boat type bilge pump. seems like 12 volt pumps I've found are either hi dollar submersible or low lift boat type.

I'm thinking if I set it so it keeps tank almost full and cyles fairly often, maybe static level will stay fairly hi and boat type will work. Gonna play with a bit, got spring over the hill so altho it's remote--12 miles----not a wreck if something goes wrong---and I've got about 60 gal of tank capacity per pr out there----on the well, been pumping it with 2" Honda, as needed. Anybody try anything similar? tia.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)