AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need some help form guys feeding Cubes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cattledriver
Posted 10/25/2017 10:31 (#6326656 - in reply to #6326641)
Subject: RE: Need some help form guys feeding Cubes

Oklahoma
SOILcattleman - 10/25/2017 10:16

I have been looking at a couple different sources of cubes form $340 to $570 ton both are a 20% cube to supplement my poor quality hay. So anybody in this same boat or have been what works good for you? I have been looking at feeding 2 to 5 pounds as fed of the cubes along with my hay, is this what others do? I have been looking at additional hay also but I'm not in a livestock friendly area since corn is KING! Thanks for any and all help!

Good lord. $340-$570 a ton is HIGH. They must be magic cubes. Got 24 ton delivered yesterday for $227. Back to your question. I've fed 20% for years and get along well. Just depends on your hay quality and body condition of the cows to determine how much to feed. I'd start on the heavy side to start with to get them cube broke. I just watch body condition and there manure. Those signs will tell you to go heavier or back off a little. What's nice about 20% cubes is its pretty hard to mess up a cow feeding them. If you could mess one up I would have done it by now. lol :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)