AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

BigcCharlie740
Posted 10/22/2017 20:46 (#6321686 - in reply to #6321636)
Subject: RE: Cattle

West Central Iowa
LKM - 10/22/2017 20:33

I should have asked a better question. I understand what you are saying

My questions

1. Why would West Point be a more favorable location tender delivery to than Worthing?

2. When you say, the dock sheet is Worse at Worthing. What do you mean? And how is that coming into play?

3. I feel like you are implying that the cattle being tendered are ones that might get discounted in the cash market, is that what you are saying?

For gomsk

1. You say some idiot is delivering, why do you think they are idiots, excluding your current position of course.

2. Why was “delivering cattle today” not smart on that particular day? Would it have been better a couple days before? What are you saying?

Both

“The cattle haven’t been demanded” — why?

Bear spreads will get their faces ripped off, why?

1. The cattle Aren't being "demanded for delivery"
2. Re-tendering the cattle, there's been money made on the re-tender....I'll let someone else figure that out. :)
3. West Point's dock schedule isn't near as severe as Worthing, and these particular cattle are 75 miles closer to Worthing. last year they did the same thing, and the dock near killed them
4. the fact that the packer still paying up and needs cattle, weights are current right now, and just a few days left for October suggests that bull spreading will win over bear spreading
5. their delivery date was old as well....there's going to be some interesting stuff happen the next two weeks in the spreads
6. these particular cattle would get HUGE dock in the cash market.....

7. I know the particulars behind this situation, and I can say no more

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)