AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Guage bin level indicators
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

new8010guy
Posted 9/18/2017 21:52 (#6256230 - in reply to #6255728)
Subject: RE: Grain Guage bin level indicators

Southern Illinois
GrainTrader - 9/18/2017 18:50

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about these?

https://www.clarksagsupply.com/grain-gauge

Have one in every ring of my wet holding tank. Saves a lot of climbing to check level. The first year they were awesome. The second not all worked all the time but with one in every ring and hauling myself to the bin I could keep a pretty good idea of when I had to climb and check. The third year most didn't work. After that I have taken them out and cleaned/dried and reshaped the little flap on the inside every year and they seem to be sort of working. Cant fully be trusted but are better than nothing on a case like the wet tank where it is constantly fluctuating as it is being filled from trucks coming in and dryer is pulling out at the same time.

I have/would again put a powered rotary level indicator at the top of the tank. This switch is used for control purposes (doesn't allow pit dump pit to run if on) as well as turns on a light and alarm. It is much more trustworthy than the ones you asked about but is also much more complicated, expensive, and requires power and some additional sort of indicator if they are used.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)