AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Out Back GPS signal with Original Green Star display
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

MnBob
Posted 2/27/2009 14:38 (#625155 - in reply to #624949)
Subject: Re: Out Back GPS signal with Original Green Star display

Avoca, MN
I made my own cable. The EZ-Guide 500 com port is not a true com port. For an NMEA connection to another device only pins 2 3 and 5 should be used or serious damage may result. To connect the 500 to Greenstar only requires two wires. To make the cable get a DB9 female connector and a Delphi socket terminal. Crimp the Delphi socket terminal to one end of a wire and insert it into pin hole F (should be empty) of the mobile processor's connector. Connect the other end of that wire to pin 3 of the DB9 connector. Take another wire and connect one end to pin 5 of the DB9 connector and splice the other end to the wire (black) in pin hole C of the mobile processor connector. Set NMEA output to GGA, GSA, and RMC at 4800 baud (VERY IMPORTANT IT IS 4800) Data Bits 8, Parity none, Stop 1, Flow Control none. Your Greenstar display may complain about no gps at startup but should stop after a minute or two.

You may want to run an additional wire from pin 4 of the DB9 connector to an implement switch or relay and back to pin 5 of the DB9 connector for remote logging of the 500. If a relay is used both the 500 and Greenstar can use remote logging. I have both systems set up for remote logging on my tractor. Nothing worse that making three or four rounds and discover logging is turn off or pulling into the driveway at home and logging is still on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)