AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No excitement for tomorrow?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 9/12/2017 07:13 (#6242658 - in reply to #6242565)
Subject: RE: No excitement for tomorrow?

North Central Illinois
It certainly has happened and I don't believe I ever said otherwise. I said the USDA hits the yield closer far more often than the NAT poor crop crowd. I'm not going to split hairs about what is a poor crop and what is not. People need to focus on a marketing plan using the numbers that we have to work with instead of constantly pissing and moaning about how the USDA is out to screw the farmer. We have to play the hand we are dealt and be realistic about it. Putting your head in the sand all summer and screaming the markets are rigged and hoping for a disaster on someone else's dime is not a marketing plan and is not realistic. There have been serious issues this year just as there is every year. If we didn't have some serious issues we would be looking at a 16 billion bushel crop. As I said before we are raising too much of everything. It really is that simple. I don't think the situation is hopeless by any means. I actually think we could see a pretty decent harvest rally this fall but that remains to be seen. Whatever number the USDA comes out with today nobody here is going to be satisfied. If they came out with a yield of 160 for corn people here would scream that it isn't a bushel over 150!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)