AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It's a crop...pheasants....quick breast removal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MTfarm
Posted 11/16/2006 15:26 (#62358 - in reply to #62334)
Subject: RE: It's a crop...pheasants....quick breast removal

Shelby, MT
I don't get the practice chad does....but my system is pretty much like chads too, I am too weak to use my ring finger to pull apart so I put both thumbs in that hole and pull apart in sequence....and cut the wings off last. and then take both legs and spread them apart until a pop or I see the rotating ball on the leg joint and then cut behind the ball and the cut off foot at knee(tear off the skin first for the legs)...also like chad I tear or cut the feather/skin open on the breast like a women tearing your button up shirt off in the heat of the moment(only on movies, not that lucky myself)...and peal back until you see all the breast, them peal apart breast...cant imagine plucking, but I am sure it tastes good with all the good work...

I tryed the wing pull think and have had poor sucess so I figure I must be missing a step....put a foot on each wing and pull their legs...I usually just tear a wing off..have had sucess on a few hungarian partridge(huns)

doesn't Kansas have good bird hunting? or is it just SD...my CO experience was poor...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)