AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Temps getting colder
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 9/4/2017 10:30 (#6228007 - in reply to #6227649)
Subject: RE: Water Freezes at 32F

South Central Iowa
You guys can have the argument. Water can freeze with ambient temperatures above 32 degrees.

I turned it quickly into, the water freezes at 32. That is still a fact, at least until we get up to higher pressure.

Water is a strange substance; it bends many rules. It is more dense as a liquid, boiling water freezes faster than cold water, it is a near universal solvent, etc...

Reminds me of another story. Back in school, I drove to class one cold morning in the fall. I don't know the temperature, but it was below freezing and it was among the first really cold days. I had a bottle of Lipton's unsweetened tea in the car that had bought the prior day and left in the car. I grabbed that bottle as I got out, looked at it and it was all liquid, and made my way to the door of the building. When I entered the doors I popped the lid and I slung my bookbag off my shoulder onto a bench. I went to take a drink of the tea and nothing came out. I looked at the bottle and could actually see the rest of the tea crystalizing! Once is was not longer under pressure, it allowed it to freeze. I couldn't believe it! LOL

Edit: It was a glass bottle btw.

Edited by Conan the Farmer 9/4/2017 10:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)