AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

43 years later
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

indeeppigfarmer
Posted 8/25/2017 12:21 (#6209479 - in reply to #6209411)
Subject: RE: apples to apples

Hey Clay, ... I think that I didn't really express myself too good. By your posts on here I (everyone) can tell that you're a sharp operator, and I'm glad that you've been fortunate to be able to make the improvements that you have. There are many who probably have upgraded above and beyond what you have.

What I was trying to say, was that sometimes it's hard for me to comprehend the buying of new (or newer), bigger stuff out of 'necessity', yet when the economy cools off like it has, it seems like few have any working capital/cash reserve to ride out the storm. Not at all imposing that on you, just the general feeling from the crowd.. both here where I'm at, in the farm media, and places like ag talk.

As far as me and pigs, wasn't (isn't) in the cards to buy anything, so a capital expense like buying 'pasture and port-a-huts' wouldn't have been in the cards. Probably be a way to increase expenses, not cut them. I've carried way to many buckets in the mud, and worked hard so that way of operating could be eliminated. I'm old enough that it would be better to retire than return. And my 'handle was supposed to bee 'indep' (independent) but my poor typing skills provided and extra letter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)