AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

43 years later
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

mikado
Posted 8/25/2017 07:14 (#6208880 - in reply to #6208846)
Subject: RE: 43 years later

SW WI
Just the other day I walked thru a car dealers lot (mine was being repaired) looking at models and prices since it might soon be time to trade for me. I've always tried to be reasonable with purchases, a car to me is just a piece of equipment to get from point a to point b, have had Chevy lumina and impala.

But looking at the prices on what I consider average cars, I just had the feeling of disappointment. Now this isn't a gripe about the auto industry, their costs have risen , too just my feeling of my income not keeping up. And of course my thoughts go to the other "living" expenses that it certainly feels like I'm falling behind on.

Discussion for another day but I'm wondering how practical for me it would be to downsize, my goal would to be debt free, keep what that allows .....and probably finish my working years with an off farm job.

Not really what I had in mind, but I would like to keep as much as possible of what I've worked for without letting more equity slip away.

Some tough choices coming....or I could just bury my head in the sand and say we all take with us the same stuff when we die....nothing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)