AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts about national avg yield.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 8/24/2017 08:08 (#6207151 - in reply to #6207111)
Subject: How's the dryland?

Hey Todd how's the dryland corn looking out there.  I believe ya'll have the cream of the crop as visiting with insurance adjusters yesterday.. "alot is getting chopped or just plain disked under.."

From the map above.. the southern states come to about 4%.. which is what Kansas is.. something like 67% of the Kansas corn crop is dryland.. NE Kansas usually can be pretty good.. but the center fringe (here) runs anywhere's from zippo to 130'ish most years.. 150 in a good year.  I've been saying that 2/3rd's of our dryland crop won't make 50 bushels thgis year.. and I still believe that's on track.

Where are FJCrop Tours accounting of this?

Lot's of calls from brokers sniffing around for corn right now..

The wheat crop break down is interesting.. looks like yields were off quite a bit out west vs last year.

https://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistics_by_State/Kansas/Publications/Crops/Production/2017/KS_cropaug.pdf

There might actually be some room to come down on yield now.. certainly acreage in the damaged area's here and up north..

Mid Kansas Coop in Falun Ks..  WINNER of the LOWEST wheat price bid in the state.. $2.78  Salute.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)