AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meltdown in cash Fat Cattle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

LKM
Posted 8/23/2017 20:33 (#6206392 - in reply to #6206335)
Subject: RE: Meltdown in cash Fat Cattle

Ridgway, IL
107 traded in co, ks, and ne. No trade in tx that I heard. Texas seems to be fighting the market harder than the north. 168-70 Ia is right in line with the live trade.

That's down 3 $ live from last week, I wouldn't be surprised to see more trade this week down to 105.

Look at the carry from oct to April. Has went from 4$, to 6$ in a week. Basis is getting softer too.

If your shorts are hedges, I think buying a put today, at the strike you want to cover at later would be a smart investment.

In other words, if you want to cover at 100oct, buy a 99c strike put today for a buck, that way you have the confidence to reown. It would suck to reown your hedges at 1$ then watch the market puke to 85... just saying the put will look cheap if this thing really does fall apart.

Obviously the market will have a softer tone tomorrow, but I don't see us locking limit down or anything. This thing is pretty orderly. Feeders are trying to keep them sold, it's just getting pinched.

Did anyone watch the superior auction today? I had trouble viewing. There were to be a pile of yearlings sell I thought
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)