AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corns final stand
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 8/23/2017 20:06 (#6206308 - in reply to #6206260)
Subject: RE: Corns final stand

South Central Iowa
I'm waiting for $3.50. That is my target to roll down puts and exit scalp shorts. This is filling the roll gap; explained in the link. Against the puts, I will buy on the 1/3 ascending speed. That SRL is a stronger one, being from last autumn's low and this summer's high, it should provide good support. It is at $3.47'0 on Friday. Also, $3.46-48 is a zone of price action on the continuous going back to 2014. It's a good place for a bounce, maybe a bottom. If the 1/3 SRL provides support, we could head back to the 1/2 ascending speed. That and the 1/2 descending cross around $3.69 in mid September. Unless USDA dumps yield on the September WASDE, I would think we reject at the halves and descend back to the 1/3 again to test that low.

That's my thoughts. I'll be buying against puts though, I would have some downside coverage in place. I do have a lower target around Labor Day with several layers of support crossing around $3.42. I could measure possible down of $3.01, but I think that has a snowball's chance in hell of occurring.

The chart and those thoughts; it is a few days old.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=726740&mid=620...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)