AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tour Results SD OH *not final predictions, just route numbers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SoDak Farms
Posted 8/21/2017 22:52 (#6202377 - in reply to #6202239)
Subject: RE: Tour Results SD OH

EC SoDak
Ouch, I think 13" is half my average annual rainfall, whereabouts are you located? That's very unfortunate that your crop is in bad shape, hopefully with insurance and any luck your hedges made you some money to help soften the blow.

Unfortunately, by the time I got out of the sprayer and really started checking fields for potential, was about the time it started raining. I did my best to inform those on here what I saw. Was mostly told I'm in the good area of SoDak, which at least appears to be true, but apparently there is some other ok to decent stuff where it wasn't necessarily expected. That probably caught a lot of people off guard, it did me to an extent. I'm not sure I used the word "disaster" to describe my crop, I very well may have but I'm not going to read all my old posts to find out, but I definitely was saying I had a problem and it was a growing one. And it was, but it wasn't a 2' tall throwing tassels one. It was the areas 4-6' throwing tassels that had me concerned. I believe I posted pics of it at one point, that may have been the post I was flamed on so I deleted the content since some didn't want to hear it.

Good luck with the rest of your season, and may your next be a banner year! While we as producers count on others pain for our gain, we always hate to see it. One of the last industries that is a brotherhood still.

Edited by SoDak Farms 8/21/2017 23:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)