AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Different outlook on things!?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Dirtfarm
Posted 8/19/2017 22:26 (#6198192)
Subject: Different outlook on things!?

South central North Dakota
Hello everyone,
After following along and reading posts for a long time I have some questions.
First off I would like to say I am not complaining or asking for handouts or a pitty party just looking for a discussion.
My situation is a 3000 acre farm young producer mid range machinery cost. Nothing over the top family living is very low all money that can be goes back to the farm.

First thing is everyone says sell corn buy back on paper. What if that's not an option when grain gets sold bank gets their money first. Not everyone has the luxery to play paper games. How does a person stay competitive if they don't though?

Second with years like this year is it not sickening looking at land rents. Overall land rents that I pay range from fairly cheap to mid range. By no means are they the highest in the area. How does a young producer get ahead when the land lords have been making more an acre then the producer farming the ground. I get along great with all the land lords and they are smart people and are going to buy more land. So how does a person like me ever get competitive enough to get ahead of them to purchase the land?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)