AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why are plots being blocked??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mlebrun
Posted 11/15/2006 13:02 (#61869 - in reply to #61850)
Subject: RE: Why are plots being blocked??

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
I am not aware of any SPECIAL plot seed. I use seed right from the same pallets everyone else gets right from the wharehouse.Doctored seed doesn't represent what the real variety will do. So if you sell based on doctored seed what good does that do ya???Really I don't know how you could doctor seed to make it better other than to pick higher germ rates, but really with beans whats 2 or 3% gonna accomplish when beans compensate for stand loss??? Some seed might be treated ,however I put the treated vs non-treated side by side. Non-treated yields better in some plots and I have'nt figured out why because the treated looks better but never yields better.
As far as plots I like the plots where everyone gets the same chance. Those plots seperate the men from the boys. Makes the DSM pick only 2 varieties, so if he knows what hes doing they will do good. No random chance that if he puts 5 varieties one will by chance come to the top.
Field length, side by sides are good because each company has a 50 /50 chance of winning. I like those odds.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)