AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No Tillers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Oliver1
Posted 11/15/2006 12:14 (#61863 - in reply to #61846)
Subject: Re: incorporating manure

Alton, Ia

What the ???? What part of THAT was terribly incorrect? I did a google on "incorporating manure", and got 582,000 hits. #4 was from Minnesota, fairly close to me, and here is what there "knowledgable soil scientists" say:

Nitrogen – Nitrogen (N) is the most important nutrient for corn production. Nitrogen needs to be managed carefully for efficient use by the crop and for minimizing environmental risk of runoff and leaching. Surface-applied N fertilizer, such as granular urea and UAN (urea-ammonium nitrate) solution, should be incorporated mechanically or by rainfall within three days of application to eliminate loss of N to volatilization. Any significant loss of nitrogen to the atmosphere or by runoff or leaching will reduce yield and profitability. ....

Phosphorus (P) and potassium (K) – ......  Broadcast applications of fertilizer are best following corn where some tillage can be used to incorporate the fertilizer and maintain adequate crop residue levels for erosion control. Soluble phosphorus can be transported to surface waters if P fertilizer is broadcast applied to no-till fields or is spread on grass waterways.

Manure – Livestock manure should be incorporated for maximum benefit. .........

I suppose I could read more of the 582,000 links, but I really don't think I need to.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)