AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving from Redwing Agchek to Centerpoint
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

JonND
Posted 2/21/2009 16:01 (#617532 - in reply to #617436)
Subject: Re: Moving from Redwing Agchek to Centerpoint

EC North Dakota
I tried the same conversion last year. After much effort I gave up and stayed with agchek.

I think I was just too stuborn to learn all the new ways to do things. Did you have crop and livestock with your agchek? you can get field and farm info if you set that part up with the agchek. I don't know if Red Wing sells the system any more.

did you have to buy a new computer when you went to Centerpoint? it ended up costing me a new computer to have enough HP to get Centerpoint to work.

Yes I tried the conversion of chart of accounts but decided to try and reinsatll from scratch to get a better handle on how Centerpoint was designed to work. I agree that Red Wing is good software with excellent support but I felt that I did not want to go to the effort of relearning the new version.

Don't take my opinion as the only one as I know there were others that had the same concerns I did and had to buy a new computer to get it to run as the sales people where I bought computer were glad when I came in with specs from Red Wing on what was needed on system to run Center Point.

Edited by JonND 2/21/2009 16:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)