AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader vs. Raven
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jacob Bolson
Posted 2/19/2009 21:54 (#615783 - in reply to #614667)
Subject: Re: Ag Leader vs. Raven

Iowa
Jason-

I believe the software is different between the Raven Envizio PRO and the AutoFarm Envizio PRO. So, you'd need to couple your Envizio PRO with the SmartSteer, the Raven-branded OnTrac 2. I believe your best option for upgrading to OmniSTAR XP is to deactivate the internal receiver on the Envizio PRO and purchase a Phoenix 300. However, it's no top secret that Raven's core competency is steering at "WAAS level." Raven has made good progress in improving the performance of their steering products, but, at the end of the day, AutoFarm's core competency is steering at "OmniSTAR and RTK levels." So, what does a person do? Good question. What kind of timeframes are you on for needing to make a decision?

Regarding your question about OnTrac 2 and SmartSteer performance; I have not yet had an opportunity to set any seat time with either. Outside of the hardware, the two products are different in terms of the OnTrac 2 will have AutoFarm software and the SmartSteer will have Raven software. I'm hoping to get some seat time with both this spring.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)