AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rawson Coulters to strip till beans into corn stalks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

mojave
Posted 6/29/2017 20:18 (#6097111 - in reply to #6096294)
Subject: RE: Rawson Coulters to strip till beans into corn stalks

NE SD
Yes that was our second strip till set up. however after a couple years we realized our heavy black dirt needs a shank through it once in a while. sold it in the spring of 2009 to a guy in ND. always wondered how he got along with it. Now we have a case that does all our corn acres in the fall. But it will not go through corns stalks and I don't think the pluribus would go through that well either. Its trying to mix and build a berm which I don't need. When we had the rawson setup it did a nice job just to make a black strip but again no shank and it wasn't on parallel linkage so I think I've zeroed in on what will work. three coulters on parallel linkage should go through corns stalks and make it black enough to plant into and put down fertilizer....ready to just plant in the spring. When I posted the message I was looking for guys who had rawson coulters or I think the gentleman that recommend salford coulters in groups of three had a better idea than mine so that is the way I'm leaning. Thanks tho.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)