AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wildest cow you ever had?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Galaxie64
Posted 6/27/2017 11:48 (#6092449 - in reply to #6092126)
Subject: RE: Wildest cow you ever had?

WY, OK

Have cows around calving every year that get angry but nothing year round.  Had a few cows go nuts and live in a meadow for a year or two, would always hit the willows if you tried to get her out.  Only stuff we have had get that bad are a very occasional bull.  I can remember two we had to shoot.  Last bad one we managed to get in corrals with a few others and in a trailer before he knew what was going on.  Only time I've been afraid of an animal jumping a 6'+ pipe fence.  Shifted the trailer all the way to the sale barn.  I warned them before letting out.  They asked if it would take a horse, I had no idea since all we use are ATV's and he took them.  Out the trailer he went and after the horse he ran.  He was one of 3 full brother Hereford ET's and the other two never had an attitude problem.  Interestingly, maybe just coincidentally, he was darker than the other two.  We've found the darker, almost black, Red Angus bulls have an attitude problem more often than not and same goes for cows.

Back in the 5 ton truck days we had one jump out of the truck over the stock racks kind of half way on the cab right at the unloading dock.  Immediately went to work on some guys nice new trailer in the lot.  This place didn't have fence around the yard area at the time so they let a pot load of cows out to try and get him gathered up.  IIRC he is the same one we tried to keep in a barn for a few days before the sale and he put a bull sized hole in the side of the barn when he left.  I never miss not having those damn Charolais around any more.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)