AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CaseIH 10,000 Hour Tractor warranty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Russell
Posted 4/18/2006 09:32 (#6089 - in reply to #5933)
Subject: RE: CaseIH 10,000 Hour Tractor warranty

Springfield, MN
I have an MX110 that had transmission samples say "there were particles in the oil." They said to change the oil and filters, which I did. The next year it was the same. They said to change oil and filters. I told them something was not right and I wanted it checked out.

The result was the park brake splines were wearing uneven. The brake never slipped as the wear surfaces looked like a mirror. Because I didn't make them tear it apart the first time it indicated failure, I had to pay the total bill. When the tractor was finally looked at it was past the warranty period. I did not have the extended warranty but they would have helped with the bill anyway if it would have been repaired in that time.

This park brake is like the old M's and 400 Farmalls. The brake disk is splined to a shaft, but in the MX it is in oil so it should never wear out. Mine must have had soft metal and did wear out.

At least I am not sending metal particles through all the bearings now that it is fixed. I find it takes at least one oil change after a repair to get all the particles out.

I still have the tractor and it is running fine now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)