AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4440 Hydraulic Test Kits
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

ronm
Posted 6/21/2017 17:20 (#6082757 - in reply to #6082541)
Subject: RE: 4440 Hydraulic Test Kits

Fruita CO
Wow-you expect me to remember that far back? To basically copy the JD kit, get a 1/4" hose with JIC ends, then adapt from that to 1/8, 1/4, 1/2" pipe, 1/2" & 3/4" O-ring, you get the idea...not that expensive at a hyd. supply. Get a hose long enough to reach from the clutch valve test port to where you can see it from the seat. A 100 lb., 300 lb., & 3000 lb. gauge will cover most of what you need to check. If you want to get fancy, use quick-couplers on the gauges to switch around on the hose. I have a 3000 lb. gauge dedicated to a short hose with a JD male coupler to check standby pressure & SCV operation. Use a ISO adapter for later tractors. Get a little tray-top toolbox to hold it all...you don't have to spend a lot to get what you really need. I acquired some gauges that say CAT on them from a friend who worked there, but they work on a JD too... ;)
If you get into 50 series or later tractors, you can get the diagnostic coupler for the test nipples, Cat actually uses the same thing.
Your kit will keep expanding forever, mine weighs about 50 lb. now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)