AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dec 17 fork
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 6/8/2017 08:47 (#6060251 - in reply to #6060146)
Subject: dec 17 fork

ndxln - 6/8/2017 07:29 Trying to learn andrews methods, does this dec 17 fork have relevance, or does one need to watch the action when the median line is hit to know?, or more specifically is there reason to believe it would go farther? https://www.tradingview.com/x/lFQKNdEn/

Hi ndxln,

Nice chart.   A couple things.  First, make sure you anchored your fork on the pivot.  To my eye, you curve fit the fork so your channel lines make a pretty picture.  Doing this destroys the meaning of what price is saying.  I hate to throw cold water on the party around here, but, there are problems.  If you remember last year, I posted the heartbeat chart, and said, "if corn is strong it will return to this line".  When you curve fit your fork (assuming you did, my apologies if you just had trouble on your phone or something getting it anchored), you made a channel.  But is price really saying I am going to the ML?   You can see here that after price made its initial thrust higher, it pulled back made a low, and when it made the high for the year, it came up short to the SP.  Then price pulled back and was not able to hold the SP off the previous lows but the SP off the earlier low instead caught price.  Price then "stretched" the line deeper, but reclaimed it and now is heading for the upper SP.  While many here are doing the happy dance, I have one simple question I am asking of price...."Are you strong enough to reach the upper SP, or will you fail again?"  If price cannot do that, it again confirms that this market no where near as strong as many hope.   Hopefully, you can see now how easily the meaning of price can be lost by making pretty pictures...JMHO.

Take care

Edited by jpartner 6/8/2017 09:29

(zcz7 nat.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments zcz7 nat.jpg (92KB - 59 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)