AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you know...chart questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jonas grumby
Posted 6/4/2017 17:42 (#6054111 - in reply to #6053197)
Subject: RE: How do you know...chart questions

Northern Illinois
as the others have mentioned there is no 100% correct answer. I think people need to find a method for entering into a trade that works for them. Along with that is risk management. You can have a good read on a market and have a great entry point but often the market does what it does and you can get blown out of a position. As long as you use good risk management you will live to trade another day. Some people say never risk more than a given % of your account. The important thing is know your risk when you enter the trade and put your stop in place when you enter a trade.

I personally like to trade break outs. If I was looking at June Cattle back on May 26 just to pick a date because that is a set up that I would like. I would have had a buy stop on a move over the high of May 22 and a sell stop on a move lower than the low on May 16. When I got stopped in to the long position I would have cancelled and replaced the sell stop with a new stop just under the low of the day I got long.

I believe in going with a market as it makes new highs or new lows. If I was looking a June Cattle a month or so ago I would have been a buyer on a move over the high set on March 23 and or on a move over the high on April 21. I really don't care about the whys. Why a market is moving in the direction it is just that it is moving.

As far as sticking with your read imo use a technical signal of your choice to enter in the direction of your read. I don't believe in sticking to the read if the market is not going in the direction of your read. That is when people often get in trouble.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)