AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best tire bead breakers and tools for tractor tires for farmer use
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 6/3/2017 21:42 (#6052655 - in reply to #6052009)
Subject: RE: Best tire bead breakers and tools for tractor tires for farmer use

Faunsdale, AL
I think you will need some way to blunt the fork or you will simply stab it through the sidewall if the tire/wheel is still on the tractor If one is really stuck you would want the wheel off laying on the floor so the tip of the fork will slide into the space between rim flange and tire bead.

The forklift will have little to no downpressure. The skid loader wouldn't have a lot but you would have the ability to angle the forks a lot better to get the tip in the right place. In either case, the wheel tends to slide away as you push on it. Have the same problem using the backhoe bucket, but its easier to stick a tooth or two in the crack to wedge it loose as you press down.

Had the local tire guys install tires on my 9170. Never had seen their setup in operation before and was very impressed by their ability to use their hoist to push the tire sidewall in and break the beads loose. I can see that a really stuck, rusty rim and tire would require a traditional hydraulic wedge tool to move the bead but the usual case does not require that. So a forklift might do some good, but would not be ideal in my opinion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)