AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ND and SD soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 6/3/2017 15:33 (#6052093 - in reply to #6052059)
Subject: RE: ND and SD soybeans

NCND
I'd wager 60-70% of soya in nd are outside valley now. Botno county north of me had 200000 acres last year. My buddy says double that this year. Ward has more money in soybean sales than any other crop and we are third largest hrsw producing county in USA. In 2014 ward was #3 in yield statewide. Last year botno had a 40.4bpa avg. The bean acres have exploded in middle third of state last few years.

Way outlooks there is a good chance bean yields will be higher than wheat yields on avg statewide if pattern ever switches.
I have heavier soils my beans are all up and tucked into heavy wheat residue. We'll see what happens. Beans not a worry for another month plus. Wheat is another story.

I got a gut feeling Thursday and sold my bean puts along with covering some shorts I had in beans. I have some calls bought. Plenty of sales in 1020 area so I'll be protecting them in advent of disaster. Weather seems a little tough on everyone thisnyear more than normal. No models have picked up on heat we have now It is opposite of when it's wet. Rain chances disappeared and 80 degree temps turning into 90s. Don't even get me started on the wind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)