AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

???? Do u guys forget the drought few years ago??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 5/25/2017 07:18 (#6036646 - in reply to #6036599)
Subject: RE:To those above who outlined the scheme...

Southeast Colorado
I realize that you're an advocate for federal crop insurance since you sell the stuff. I'm not saying to do away with crop insurance........merely that maybe we should quit subsidizing it. At the very least quit coming out with ridiculous plans that motivate the abuse. It's just like the most recent rainfall program. Do you realize how many thousands of acres were planted into that last fall that made no sense? How come they had a plant date for forage here that ended December 20th? No one in their right mind should be out stirring dry dirt here in the middle of December unless they are just trying to make it blow (or make senseless money gifted from the government)............yet thousands of acres were planted into continuous crop situations that don't even qualify for regular multi peril programs. What the heck? I can't help but think that the guys writing up these programs take advice directly from some of these guys out here abusing them. I realize my area is the epicenter of government program abuse and I live and farm directly by a section of ground that is only ever farmed this way (it has been 7 or 8 years since a combine has ran across these acres) so I probably have a jaded mind when it comes to these sort of things..........sorry.

Edited by tmrand 5/25/2017 07:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)