AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hedging for Dummies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

honest abe
Posted 5/24/2017 19:19 (#6035862 - in reply to #6035535)
Subject: RE: Hedging for Dummies

over taxed nebraska
no real program, but you can sell some calls but that generally has to be done in the winter months ahead to add some but you will also put a lid at some strike price. its a time of contract thing.

ex: I sold some 4.60 calls in jan for about 16 cents, and would be glad to pay margin calls to get my cash sales up there on those bushels and more un committed bushels.

there is no sure thing in the CBOT, but ways to pick up some xtra without getting into a real difficult situation.

and there are many different strategies, no program fits all, we as a farmer group will never beat up the funds and commercial end users. and never do anything that you are not prepared to margin up if the move is big against you. it takes disipiline and patience and knowledge of the true way options work. and don't trust a broker to manage your account, they have a habit of playing on you for commission turns.

we actually need a 3rd party without interest in commission to teach futures and options that only gets paid to teach strategy for those who want to learn

I hope this was somewhat helpful, I love this stuff.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)