AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

???? Do u guys forget the drought few years ago??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

puma
Posted 5/24/2017 14:29 (#6035398 - in reply to #6035359)
Subject: RE: ???? Do u guys forget the drought few years ago??

IN555 - 5/24/2017 13:49

Ding ding ding we have a winner. Actually a couple post above all winners. I'll give an example. In one county I know a guy that has an APH of 190 corn 64 beans. He rented 320 acres this year that is 130/38 type ground. He is guaranteed 162/54. Do you think the neighbors could compete against him? Do you think he is going to get a nice healthy check at the end of the year? Do you think that check is going to make him profitable? Do you know who was the operator last year? Yep his partner. If you don't think this stuff goes on all the time you need to wake up. And yes they are playing by the rules.

So the neighbors can't compete with the guy that has a high APH? Maybe he raises good crops to have a high APH. Maybe they should figure out how to raise a better crop, than spend the time speculating that he can't be a good farmer.

Unless I am wrong, maybe this guy does go around talking about how the operators are changing and what he is doing, but in this neighborhood, people keep land situations pretty tight-lipped.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)