AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

With reference to the "Do you agree...." thread below.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

north1
Posted 5/24/2017 07:49 (#6034767 - in reply to #6034548)
Subject: RE: With reference to the "Do you agree...." thread below.

North Dakota
Whenever government gets its crooked fingers in private industry it most generally benefits those in power and among other things picks winners and losers and distorts markets. Whatever farm program has been enacted farmers immediately figure out how to "farm" that program. That includes subsidized crop insurance. There are farmers in my area seeding beans on beans, beans on canola ground, beans on sunflower ground, corn on corn, even corn on corn on corn. This in an area where you had to drive miles five years ago to see a field of corn or beans. Clearly gearing up for continuation of ARC, PLC. Absolutely no agronomic sense to be doing this. Especially in area considered as fringe. No government money in spring wheat, minor oilseeds or crops normally used in an agronomic rotational system. May not be PC to say as it ruffles feathers but this has been shifted into hyperdrive by the big BTO's in my area at least. Eliminate them. Not because of my last statement, but because as farmers we should be farming the land, not a program initiated by a political entity.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)