AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organic farm may be sprayed by county
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Orfarmer
Posted 5/20/2017 10:08 (#6026786 - in reply to #6025666)
Subject: RE: Organic farm may be sprayed by county

Roanoke, IN
I'm not advocating bad management. It sounds like they bit off more than they can chew when the article references distance as an excuse.

I have 0 experience in your area. Around here, RR & utilities, and gov ground are some of the worst offenders and you might as well complain to a brick wall. Most of the weeds on the noxious list are not relative anymore and the resistant ones that everyone worries about and some let go run wild and there's nothing anybody can do.

But I ask the question why stop at weeds? Let's have laws that cover every type of pest of economic damage and have government contractors make the decision for control and add to the tax bill accordingly. After all, every problem I have is because of someone else.

If your area enforces the noxious weed laws regularly, realize the guy is organic and if he doesn't control the weeds use a mower, tillage, etc. and charge him accordingly. You don't have to get all emotional and bring up 15 other things that have nothing to do with the situation at hand. That applies to both sides.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)