AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If you lost your spouse would you remarry?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farm160
Posted 5/19/2017 16:38 (#6025502 - in reply to #6025025)
Subject: RE: If you lost your spouse would you remarry?

NE Nebraska
I've always been told men who had a good marriage will likely remarry but the majority of women tend not to remarry because they've BTDT with caretaking.
I don't think I would remarry. Marriage is hard enough the 1st time around and when young. I can't imagine trying it again when older.
My husband would probably remarry quickly or start hiring people as he doesn't cook, houseclean, mow, do laundry, do bookkeeping etc. He'd be lost.
Plus I think women take up hobbies but men get lonely.
One gentleman I know lost his wife after 50 + years, a year later he married a woman he met online. He sold his home & moved to her town, but another year later the marriage ended.
Another acquaintance lost his wife after nearly 5 decades of marriage, he found a friend and they dated & married but that also ended within a short time frame. Still very good friends, both great people, but just not marriage compatible.
Very difficult for adult children to accept. Also, after that many years habits are established and roles set within the marriage and sometimes in a new marriage those roles don't mesh or reality doesn't meet the others expectation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)