AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

seized fuel injector pump
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Redwrench
Posted 4/17/2006 22:05 (#5994 - in reply to #5922)
Subject: RE: seized fuel injector pump

Hillfarmer, while soydiesel has shown to have more lubricity than the "hydro-cracked" diesel we are getting nowdays, it does nothing whatsoever for water problems, algae growth, etc. It seems to me that one of the better products is Stanadyne Performance Formula additive, and I would also use Racor Biocide or a similar product to kill the kritters. We are seeing lots of on-highway vehicles add an auxiliary 2 to 4 micron fuel filter to address the issue of micro-particles that are currently in the US diesel supply. Cat did a study on their electronic injector failures, and determined it was the 3-5 micron particles that are causing wear and premature fuel system failures...especially at the extreme pressures required for common rail and HUEI systems. Well, unfortunately most of our current diesel engines come factory-equipped with at best a 10-micron filter... kind of lets a lot of the really damaging stuff through. One fuel supplier in Ohio had some testing done on the diesel he sells, and found the average gallon of diesel has 47 MILLION contaminant particles in it... that's 47 million per gallon. That makes you think a gallon of diesel would just be kind of like a gallon of liquid slush, but I will post a link to his study if I can figure out links on this new website. http://www.heavydutytrucking.com/2003/10/078a0310.asp

I own a Duramax pickup, and recently purchased a 2-micron Racor auxiliary fuel filter for it,. and every tankful gets a shot of Standayne Performance Formual and Racor Biocide. I think of it as cheap insurance compared to the cost of an electronic fuel system failure.

Edited by Redwrench 4/17/2006 22:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)