AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any Minnesota guys.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Joe@RFDG
Posted 4/20/2017 09:35 (#5973107 - in reply to #5971561)
Subject: RE: Any Minnesota guys.

Glenwood, Mn

1.51" here.  Some corn went in on CR 18 over Easter weekend. I've been burned once with a poor stand planting ahead of a cold rain.  Never again.  It will be interesting to see how that comes up (or not).  It was 35-36 and raining each evening.  I can't imagine that's good but I've been both surprised and disappointed in how seed comes up.

FWIW, two weeks ago soil temp was 55 degrees @ 4" @ noon.  It's 40 right now with a full soil moisture profile.  Pretty big difference.  Planned on waiting until after this rain like most around here.  We will see how that pans out.

University of MN says no yield loss if planted before May 15th here.  My personal experience has been anything planted that "late" for us is usually a poor year. Probably because of a combination of later season tasseling, wetter harvest moisture and probably the biggest is if it's that "late" we are probably mudding it in.  My best three crops were planted on April 15th, April 20th and April 23rd.  My worst two crops were planted May 15th and May 20th.  Everything else was in-between. Good crop here is 190-200.  Bad crops are 100-110.

One thing is for sure, no two years are alike and when we think we can go up here.... we go.

Weather station link

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)