AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FM750 Coverage Logging External Switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/13/2017 04:26 (#5960259 - in reply to #5957924)
Subject: RE: FM750 Coverage Logging External Switch

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As others have indicated putting some type of switch or relay between pins 10 and 11 and setting the menu properly should work.

It may be OK to feed 12V directly to pin 11 but I always feel "safer" about using a relay between the pins the OEM has indicated and then use something else to trigger the relay.

I think of the output of the relay as a replacement for a common switch. By using a relay between Pins 10 & 11 no outside influences could damage the device.
I would attach Pin 10 & Pin 11 from the 750 to a common 12V SPST relay. The coil of the relay could go to your pressures switch or the Orange/white and White wires in a Raven 440 display cable. Your pressure switch would need 12V to it with the output going to one terminal of the relay coil. The other terminal of the relay would need to go to ground.

That way when the pressure is high, the pressure switch delivers 12V to the relay causing it to close which connects Pin 10 & Pin 11 together. Then with the proper setting in the 750 the mapping should start/stop as you desire. As others have mentioned I would generally go to the center electric valve to run the relay rather than messing with a pressure switch. I have seen pressure switches used for this purposes to detect when the PTO is on in certain manure mapping situations.

Edited by tedbear 4/13/2017 04:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)