AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Zero turn mowers, which one do you like
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JohnDeereGreenWKY
Posted 4/8/2017 14:44 (#5952408 - in reply to #5952392)
Subject: RE: Zero turn mowers, which one do you like

West Ky

greenbill - 4/8/2017 01:21 Bad Boy. Drive it, price it. You will buy it. THE BEST cut and speed both.

Bad boy is a nice mower.

I work at MTD products, we manufacturer Cub Cadet, Troy Bilt, MTD Yard Machine, Bolens, Wolf (European), Massey Ferguson, International, Columbia and others.

We also custom make mowers for other companies occasionally like Sears for example. Every once in a while we will fill orders in on Murray mowers which we just now started doing.

On custom orders we make the units to spec on how they want them made.

We even manufacturer parts for competitors as well, like John Deere for example.

I would stay away from all mowers on the low end range as they are all made with cost cutting corners to meet the demands of say Wal mart, Lowes, Home Depot etc. They want a mower at a certain price so you have to cut corners to provide it. John Deere mowers are vastly over priced for what you get. I think the Cub commercial mowers were over priced for what you get under the Tank brand. Recently we have started making a revamped mower under the PRO line say a Pro Z 100/500/700 series. They are made much more heavy duty than the tank series. Time will tell on just how good these mowers will be. We made 500 test units 1 year ago and let commercial mowers test them for a season and all the units have performed very well. Much better than expected for a 1st run off test unit. So good that we had to do very little to the design to start production on the PRO series.

Bad boy mowers are excellent mowers in the commercial line. I like them a lot.

Lower priced zero turns are ok but if your mowing a lot or have a lot of acreage I'd step up to something bigger like a commericial unit and with a min of a 60" deck.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)