AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ND/MN/IA farming questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

PE.
Posted 2/1/2009 20:08 (#592831 - in reply to #591687)
Subject: RE: ND/MN/IA farming questions

WC MN
Malt plant in Moorhead was built when malt barley was still raised in the Red River valley and was located there for easy access to western railed in barley to blend and because Moorhead uses wells and had/has a more reliable water supply than Fargo which pulls from the river.

Elvator you saw was at Barnesville.

The area from Moorhead to Barnesville was traditionally potatoes and sugarbeets so not much on farm grain storage.

I think US elevators in general are far more agressive about buying off the combine, never had to wait for some grain board to sell it for them ;-)
I don't think any place on earth has as many hopper bins on their farms as Canadian prairie provinces, something I always marvel at.

Most of I94 in MN is east of high grain production areas.

If you took almost any US Hwy west of I 94 or 35 you would see more large scale farming
For example a great farming drive is taking US #75 from Emerson, MB to Souix City, Iowa very lightly traveled when in between farming seasons and a very relaxing drive. The southern MN and Iowa segment has lots of livestock and ethonal plants as well as wind farms. Western MN is very lightly populated relative to the rest of the state.

Way more than anyone wanted to know but I'm bored.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)