AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can an upholstery shop fix this fairly easily? Pickup seat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 3/24/2017 06:21 (#5918912 - in reply to #5918324)
Subject: RE: Can an upholstery shop fix this fairly easily? Pickup seat

YES !,

I just had 2 of my pickups repaired this past month. I'll take some pics and try and reply back, but was very happy with the workmanship.
In compare to yours, I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado cloth bucket seat on the drivers side repaired, mine did not get into the lower part like yours but he did mine for $ 140.00 and it looks factory good and factory match of material.

Then I have an 05 3500 Silverado that had all vinyl seats, again the drivers side was torn and broke down, so I had him cut out the vinyl where your butt and back are and sew in cloth. Both driver and passenger buckets were $ 650.00, expensive, yes, but I plan on keeping the truck, and he used a heavier grade material than OEM andit matches GOOD.

I removed the seats and took them out to him, so that saved a little on labor, 20 minutes in the 02 and less than an hour on the 2 in the 05.

I tried looking for replacements for over a year, and just could not find anything close in my area, otherwise until I figured in shipping, and rework I would have more money invested than getting them redone, so if to do over, I would get them redone again, I am that happy with them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)