AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SAT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldIdea
Posted 3/15/2017 11:11 (#5900995 - in reply to #5900702)
Subject: RE: SAT

Sat - 3/15/2017 09:49
Oh ya basis levels, the best basis levels are long in the rear view mirror with market structure telling me I'm correct and the market year is over half over. That's part of this UN-Godly pissy attitude of NAT as the GBS guys are waiting for this big hot basis.
Gonna be a very interesting tin can harvest this summer, mite just have to start selling KY Jelly by the barrel.

I don't agree with this at all. Basis levels are very regional. Not everybody had the 2nd best crops of their careers last year. No offense intended towards you Sat, but you chastised Conan yesterday (I think) for throwing out a crazy high number for NC beans. Locally we had a +15 to +25 local basis on corn back in January. Sure, its down around 0 to +10 now but that has nothing to do with what it may or may not be come this July-Aug-Sept. Locally we are just as likely to see a +40 to +50 corn basis as we are a +$15 NC soybean price.

Twitter was filled with storm damage pics from southern IN and IL a couple weeks ago. Among these pics were several large grain bins wrinkled up like an empty Coors Light can. Bins full of grain don't collapse like that, regardless of what a carryout number might say.

Oh, BTW I have NO old crop corn left to sell.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)