AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SAT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

southernmnman
Posted 3/15/2017 10:05 (#5900884 - in reply to #5900702)
Subject: RE: SAT

South central Minnesota
Sat - 3/15/2017 07:49

NA
Remember "Target Order" ZCZ16 @ 4.472 from last summer ?
I gave NO % to sell to ANYONE on ANY given farm.
The only % to sell is written in MY office on MY farm, oh then I had NO corn so its really NA
*****NFA has no jurisdiction over MY office MY farm what so ever*****
NO point blank "market advise" was any given to producer/s on his or here farm.
You would shocked at the number of the big/bigger named market folks you hear and see that are not CTA's
Oh last fall I preached and preached play "Bid My Basis" AGAIN, I gave NO % to sell/lock to ANYONE on ANY given farm.

Oh ya basis levels, the best basis levels are long in the rear view mirror with market structure telling me I'm correct and the market year is over half over. That's part of this UN-Godly pissy attitude of NAT as the GBS guys are waiting for this big hot basis.
Gonna be a very interesting tin can harvest this summer, mite just have to start selling KY Jelly by the barrel.

I LOVE basis contracts at certain times in grains, some do not because they do not make any money off the paper a basis contract is written on. Basis is old school marketing, selling the carry, playing the basis was calling how you marketing you crop in the 1980's in a supply driven market. Carry are,

2.320 bb corn
.435 bb beans
Hate to have to break the news to you , this IS, a supply driven market.
Maize/Ray/Krush/Rob can see this very clearly even tho the most producers can not.

Marty, what's a CTA?
Can you name at least one of these firms?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)