AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First "Plow Day" of the 2017 season in NE IL....photos
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/14/2017 19:22 (#5899577 - in reply to #5898277)
Subject: RE: First "Plow Day" of the 2017 season in NE IL....photos

Chebanse, IL.....

Ted

I assume this is the tractor you're inquiring about?

If so, then I'll explain that thing you see hanging down from the belly is a descriptive plaque of the tractor. Here is an enlargement of that same photo zooming in the plaque and here's what it says:

"This tractor was purchased brand new in 1951 by my Dad, William Kleinert. It was rediscovered in an old barn of my cousins in Sept 2014. It was restored by me, Allyn Kleinert, between Sept 2014 and March 2015"

Bill & Bernice Kleinerts were neighbors & friends of ours thru the ages. Allyn is 1 yr older than me & he served in the Army in Viet Nam. He's also a proud veteran. You never see him without a flag or veteran's cap. He's now retired, but attends every tractor ride, plow day, and barnyard tractor pull within 100 mis. Allyn is a great supporter of antique tractor clubs & events. He also owns & operates a Farmall 350 gas. Allyn's mother, Bernice, is in her mid-90s & doing well. She got to watch Allyn pull the IH M at the Chebanse Pull IN the Park, 2016 that she & her husband purchased 65 yrs prior. Both she & her son enjoyed the moment. In the plow day photo in the original post, this is Allyn's son, Shane, driving the family M. These plow days bring back memories & we love sharing them.

Below is the plaque again:

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)